Senior AOCS Engineer
ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Senior Attitude & Orbit Control Subsystem Engineer to join our Engineering team, reporting to Systems Engineer. This position is located in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
You will deliver highly reliable embedded software for ICEYE designed hardware and engage with other ICEYE software and hardware engineers to discover the needs of the mission and code highly reliable software that turns the mission into a reality. Additionally, you will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of the software you create, from development to testing to operation during a mission and take ownership of your firmware products, including verification testing and writing documentation.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, Math or a science-related discipline
- 5+ years of experience writing embedded software in C, C++ or a similar language
- 5+ years developing software for the ARM Cortex family or a similar micro architecture
- Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including use of timers, interrupts, hardware peripherals such as SPI controllers and ADCs, bootloaders and debug tools
- Experience programming and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet or similar)
- Familiar with common electronic components and comfortable reading circuit design schematics and contributing to hardware design discussions
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals, including schedulers, network stack, file system, memory management
- Experience with defensive programming, continuous testing and similar high-reliability software development strategies
- Experience designing fault tolerant software
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
Please note there might be a need to work extended hours and weekends occasionally
- A job that matters
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend trainings, conferences or certification schemes
- Independent main role with a supportive and diverse work environment, many moved to Finland just to join ICEYE
- Flexible working hours
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants