Electronics Team Leader
ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65 M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international scale-up with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for an Electronics Team Leader to join our passionate group of world-leading engineers. This position is located in our headquarters at Espoo, Finland.
Challenges you will be solving
Building the world’s first SAR satellite under 100 kilograms in mass was not an easy feat. We are now setting our sights to continually improve upon our designs and on increasing the amount of satellites in orbit rapidly. Up to 9 more units are planned to be launched by the end of 2019. ICEYE is proud to be the front-runner in an exciting New Space industry, and solving some of the world’s toughest engineering problems is an everyday occurrence for us. You are in a key role in making our future satellites a reality.
Because we are the first company to launch such a large SAR satellite constellation, we will face problems that no one else has faced before. We need to learn how to do this well and we need to do it ourselves.
As a Electronics Team Leader you get to define the way we design electronics at ICEYE. You are responsible for leading a team of engineers that is in charge of specifying, developing, manufacturing and testing of cutting-edge electronic systems for spacecrafts. You will get the chance to develop reliable power and high-speed digital electronics systems.
You will work closely with our software, FPGA and radio engineers. You will work daily with 6 other engineering team leaders and a project manager.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable
- 5+ years of experience in designing for complex electrical power systems or embedded control systems
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects
Preferred skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in designing PCB, schematics and layout
- Experience in Library Component Management
- Knowledge of circuit simulation tools like LTspice and Hyperlynx
- Very good understanding of design techniques for high speed digital circuits
- Experience in designing complex electronics systems. Multi-board architecture
- Experience in managing full electronics project life cycle, design, prototyping, production, testing
- Strong understanding of electronics reliability topics. Design For Manufacturing.
- Basic embedded programming knowledge C/C++ or similar language
- Basic knowledge of FPGA design techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Agile approach to designing electronics. Multiple fast prototyping cycle
- A job that matters - you will be responsible for building critical parts of our infrastructure, entire spacecraft systems, that our customers around the world will rely on
- Unique experience and opportunity in the aerospace industry, in a company that’s growing fast at a time when everything is possible
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers to work with
- New Space and a start-up culture with the goodies that come with it
How we work
Building an entirely new kind of satellite constellation is not easy and our work requires a lot of experimentation, iteration and managing complexities effectively. While the long-term goals remain the same, the short-term plans change often. Our engineering teams follow agile principles and work hands-on to get things done.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant