Remote Sensing Engineer
ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised over $60M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Remote sensing engineer to be based in our headquarters at Espoo, Finland. You will be working within the data analytics team in ICEYE.
- Develop information services based on the remote sensing analytics tools
- Prototype service and pilot with customers
- Develop automated and manual workflows to generate the services
- Provide customers with operational remote sensing analysis work
To succeed in this position you should have:
- At least three (3) years of experience in the field
- Proven remote sensing analytics project experience in commercial projects
- Strong proven GIS and remote sensing tools and libraries experience with e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, GDAL, Ecognition, ERDAS, Gamma
- Experience in image analytics using machine vision/learning (e.g. CNN, OpenCV)
- Building automated image analysis processing chains
- Good coding skills (e.g. Python, Matlab)
- SAR image analytics experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- A job that matters
- Flexible working schedule
- Dynamic working environment
- Relocation package
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development through work and conferences
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants