ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised over $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
We are currently looking for brilliant legal minds to join our growing legal team.
As a key member of our legal team, you will review, interpret and translate legal requirements and effectively communicate these to the business and external stakeholders in collaboration with our lead counsel. You will also be heavily involved in negotiations with vendors and customers and collaborating with our VCs.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain exceptional experience and personal growth in an exciting and fast-paced environment of one of the most promising technology startups in Finland.
- Draft and solidify agreements, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s interests are covered
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives and other stakeholders in a variety of legal topics (particularly IP related matters)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient strategies and internal processes
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsels, suppliers, customers etc.), creating relations of trust
- LL.M degree
- At least 1-2 years’ experience practicing in a law firm as a commercial lawyer with exposure particularly to TMT and IP, but we will not exclude candidates with equivalent professional experience as in-house legal.
- Languages: Finnish, English (business fluent).
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills with strong commercial sense on risk & reward.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, business mindset, can-do attitude
- Experience in commercial negotiations
- Genuine interest in working closely with technologically complex matters
- A job that matters
- Dynamic working environment
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Relocation package
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend trainings, conferences or certification schemes