Team Lead QA
ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Team Leader of Quality Assurance to join our Engineering team. This position is located in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
- Oversee and support Quality throughout the life cycle of a satellite project at unit, subsystem and system level, helping to reduce defects on delivered items and products
- Draft QA policies and procedures
- Interpret and implement quality assurance processes as well as evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards. Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Define quality process and standards towards supplied third-party items
- Define overall verification strategy applying multiple approaches: analysis, testing, simulation, inspection. Plan, conduct and monitor system-level testing campaigns during integration, pre-shipment, and at launch site.
- Lead a small group of embedded testers, who will execute candidate’s plan
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Issue, investigate and track non-conformances and deviations from procedures
- Collect and compile statistical quality data and metrics. Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Prepare periodic reports to communicate outcomes of QA activities
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions to design teams
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent area of focus, or B.Sc. with experience.
- +5 years of experience working in QA for relevant LEO and/or GEO missions that have actually flown, where the candidate has been involved in quality assurance of flight hardware, in the unit, subsystem and/or system level
Preferred skills & experience:
- A Systems Thinker, looks at the “big picture”, with a top-down approach
- Has exposure to embedded systems
- Has knowledge of satellite architectures: power system, harnessing, communication interfaces, mechanical structures, as well as support equipment (MGSE and EGSE)
- Has some exposure to Software, mostly Python and C
- A job that matters
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend trainings, conferences or certification schemes
- Independent main role with a supportive and diverse work environment, many who have moved to Finland just to join ICEYE
- Flexible working hours
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant